Title

With the onset of February we are getting a little busier. 2nd, Protest The Hero, 6th Del Amitri, 9th Molly Hatchet, 14th Monster Magnet, 15th Dream Theater, 19th, Sons Of Icarus, 20th Skyclad, 25th Soulfly, 26th Cadillac Three

And maybe a couple more to be added.

Friday 30 December 2011

The End of Year Awards: Part One - The Songs

Its that time of year when all the magazines have an end of year poll.
So I thought RTM should be no exception, and over the next three days I will include my run down of the best 25 songs, best 25 albums and the best 20 gigs of 2011.

Starting tonight with the songs.

The main list is not in order of preference but rather in the order of a rather spiffing playlist I made on my Ipod (something me and may mate Donnie from www.visionsfromthearkside.blogspot.com do every year) but I will put a top five below

Tomorrow will be the top 25 albums, before I  finish on New Years day with a rundown of the best 20 gigs – seeing as that what I concern myself with reviewing on RTM I thought I would leave that until last. These are in preference order.

So maybe your favourite is on here, maybe it isn’t – if you want to argue with me on Twitter about it go ahead.

For the record though, the top five best songs of the year are:

5. Trick of the Wrist: Michael Monroe

4. Devil You Know: Anthrax

3: Misery Loves Company: The Trews

2. Life: Exit Ten

1. Curl of the Burl: Mastodon

                                                                                                                                                                                                The playlist is as follows:

Living In Sin Again
Gentleman's Pistols
At Her Majesty's Pleasure
Trick Of The Wrist
Michael Monroe
Sensory Overdrive [UK version]
The Devil You Know
Anthrax
Worship Music
Blood Of The Kings
Black Spiders
Sons Of The North
I Think I Saw A U.F.O
Neonfly
Outshine The Sun
Cult
Evile
Five Serpent's Teeth
Father
Misfits
The Devil's Rain
The King I Was
The New Black
II: Better In Black
Build Me Up, Break Me Down
Dream Theater
A Dramatic Turn Of Events
Hammer of the Gods
Saxon
Call To Arms
Soul On fire
Saint Jude
Diary Of A Soul Fiend
 


Delirium
Malefice
Awaken the Tides
Misery Loves Company
The Trews
Hope & Ruin
Anthem
Iced Earth
Dystopia
Black Rivers Flow
Lazarus A.D.
Black Rivers Flow
Tear It Down
Burn Halo
Up From The Ashes
All Over The Road
Rival Sons
Pressure And Time
Sands Of Time
Sylosis
Edge Of The Earth
Living A Lie
Skindred
Union Black
Reeferlord
Electric Boys
And Them Boys Done Swang
Arms of the Sea
Textures
Dualism
Black Swan
Megadeth
TH1RT3EN
Life
Exit Ten
Give Me Infinity
Curl Of The Burl
Mastodon
The Hunter
Electric Messiah
Symphony X
Iconoclast



No comments:

Post a Comment